Tactical RPG Regalia: Royal Edition will launch for PlayStation 4 on April 10, Switch on April 12, and Xbox One on April 13, developer Pixelated Milk and console port team Crunching Koalas announced.
Here is an overview of the game, via Crunching Koalas:
Regalia draws inspiration from Japanese RPG classics, but also delivers a modern mix of good old adventuring and dynamic storytelling. It’s a tactical RPG, but it’s actually a game about the restoration of your kingdom, bonding with vibrant characters met during your journey, embarking on the most peculiar quests possible, and bringing back your best Japanese RPG moments in an up-to-date, accessible style.
It can also be a game about unforgettable, rewarding combats and well-thought tactics, but that’s for the player to decide – there’s always a possibility to tone down the difficulty level or even skip a battle if someone can’t wait to see what other plot-twists lay before him.
Omitting the battles won’t make all the problems go away, though – there’s always something to be done in Ascalia, like dealing with teammates’ quirks. Take Theo for example, a vampire with a blood aversion, whose biggest dream is to become a hairdresser or Esther’s ambition to make a DIY atomic bomb with just a few gears and spare parts. Oh, and there’s always a fishing mini-game!
- Regalia: Of Men and Monarchs has already made its mark amongst RPG fans during its PC launch, but we’re not stopping there. The Royal Edition is an enhanced version of the game that also contains a DLC: The Unending Grimoire, including an endless mode and brand-new characters.
- Traverse through lands of robust turn-based battles, diverse quests and distinct bosses.
- Bond with dozens of colorful characters who will help you along your journey.
- Tone down the difficulty level or skip battles if you’re not in a mood for a fight.
- Experience a fair amount of epicness and tons of humor; Samurai dwarves?!
- Bring back your best Japanese RPG memories with hours of engaging gameplay.
- Face the newly-added endless mode and prove your tactical skills.
View a set of screenshots at the gallery.