PQube will release Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late[st] for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PS Vita in Europe in Q4 2017, the publisher announced. The PlayStation 4 version will be released both physically and digitally.
The confirmation comes following Aksys Games’ announcement earlier this month that it will release the game for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PS Vita in North America in late 2017.
Here’s an overview of the game, via PQube:
Widely considered the missing link between traditional 2D fighter gameplay and the over-the-top craziness of ‘anime’ fighters, Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late[st] is the new fighting game by developer French Bread, creators of Melty Blood, the cult-classic fighting game that’s been a staple of Japanese arcades for years.
Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late[st] takes place in a fictional modern-day Japan, where a mysterious event called Hollow Night occurs on a monthly basis. During the Hollow Night, shadowy creatures called Voids appear and attack innocent people. Survivors of these attacks sometimes develop special abilities and become known as an In-Birth. The game follows a young man named Hyde, a survivor of one of these attacks, as he becomes involved in the goings-on around the Hollow Night phenomenon.
- PlayStation’s Hottest New Fighter – Discover the stunning Under Night In-Birth universe in this complete edition of the celebrated four-button fighter.
- An Amazing Contemporary Cast – Wield swords, daggers, whips, scythes and even killer hair braids with a colorful roster of 20 unique and audacious fighters.
- Accessible, Tactical Combat – The easy-to-understand ‘Grind Grid’ mechanic rewards smart offensive play but punishes sloppy and negative tactics to encourage considered tactics.
- An Epic Story Campaign – Immerse yourself in the epic battle between In-Births and Voids with the story-rich Chronicle Mode.
- The Fighting Genre’s Best-Kept Secret! – The developer of cult-classic Melty Blood finally returns to the genre by popular demand!
- New characters – Phonon, Mika, Enkidu and Wagner join the battle!
- New Stages – Four new stages to do battle on, Cafeteria, Children’s Playground, Momiji Alley and the Cathedral of the Far East.
- Re-balanced gameplay – Old favorites have new abilities and new gameplay elements have been added, including the ‘Veil Off’ system that opens up new combo opportunities.
- Combo Challenge Mode – Learn new combos and take on some of the hardest challenges in the game.
- Tutorial Mode – An expansive tutorial mode has been added to the game that teaches all the skills necessary to level up your game.
- Chronicle Mode – Discover the narrative of Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late[st] in a dedicated story mode experience.
Watch a trailer below. View a set of screenshots at the gallery.