Sony Interactive Entertainment will publish Koei Tecmo’s Team Ninja-developed action RPG Nioh for PlayStation 4 in North America, Europe, and Asia (excluding Japan), the company announced.
Speaking at a PlayStation 4 Pro event earlier today, Team Ninja boss Yosuke Hayashi told PushSquare that the team is working with Sony in order to “get the game into as many hands as possible.”
Nioh is an action RPG built around “deep and authentic” samurai combat. It promises “gruelling encounters with other warriors and supernatural creatures” in a “grotesque vision of civial war ravaged Japan.”
The game will feature various different graphical options on both PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 4 Pro, including:
- PlayStation 4
- Option 1: “Movie Mode” – This mode focuses on resolution over frame rate, offering beautiful high resolution graphics with stable 30fps.
- Option 2: “Action Mode” – Here the emphasis is on frame rate, providing a stable 60fps.
- Option 3: “Movie Mode (Variable frame rate)” – Finally, this option provides high resolution graphics with a variable frame rate that may go over 30fps.
- PlayStation 4 Pro
- HD Display, Option 1: “Movie Mode” – Stable 1920×1080 resolution with high quality anti-aliasing at 30fps.
- HD Display, Option 2: “Action Mode” – Stable 1920×1080 resolution at 60fps.
- 4K Display, Option 1: “Movie Mode” – Stable 3840×2160 resolution at 30fps.
- 4K Display, Option 2: “Action Mode” – Stable 1920×1080 resolution at 60fps.
Nioh is due out worldwide for PlayStation 4 on February 9.