The PlayStation Awards is an annual ceremony, ongoing since 1995, held to honor the top-selling games across the Japan and Asia regions.
The following award categories are planned:
- Platinum Prize: Software titles (DL) with an accumulated shipment quantity (including download quantity) of over one million copies.
- Gold Prize: Software titles (DL) with an accumulated shipment quantity (including download quantity) of over 500,000 copies.
- PlayStation Network Award: Top three network sales titles will be awarded (Between October 1, 2015 to September 30, 2016).
- Users’ Choice Award: Top 10 titles voted by Japan and Asia users. (Released between October 1, 2015 and September 30, 2016.)
- PlayStation VR Special Prize: Three titles which have contributed to PlayStation VR will be awarded.
- Indies Special Prize: Five titles which have contributed to PlayStation will be awarded.
User Choice voting will open here (or here in English) today and will be available until October 20 at 23:59 JST. Everyone who participates will be given a PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PS Vita downloadable theme as a present. Voters will be given a “PlayStation Awards 2016 Special Custom Theme” download code for PlayStation 4, PS Vita, and PlayStation 3, and the voter who wins the “Best Comment Prize” will win a PlayStation VR.
If you missed it last year, see the winners of PlayStation Awards 2015 here.