Save data from previous games will be compatible. If you have save data from Monster Hunter Stories, you’ll get Felyne armor that completely turns your Palico into the RPG spin-off’s Nabiru (their voice, too).
Capcom detailed six major new elements about Monster Hunter XX, which is a followup to Monster Hunter Generations (which is known as Monster Hunter X in Japan). They are:
- New Hunting Styles – The “Brave Style” hunting style (continuous attacks, powerful link attacks and quick evasions) and the “??? Style” (details to be announced in the future).
- New Hunting Techniques – New “Hunting Techniques” have been added to all 14 weapon types. Details will be announced in the future.
- Prowler Mode Actions Enhanced – Prowler Mode actions have been enhanced. Felynes can now evade by a hair, as well as do a trample jump.
- New Fields – New fields have been added, such as “Igun Peak.” This is a location very high in the mountains, where there’s a cave, waterfall, and historic ruins. There are other new fields, too, such as a desert.
- New Base – The “Ryuushiki Ship” appears as a base that has all the elements of both a village and a ship. You can also take on G-rank quests from here.
- New Main Monsters – The new main monsters in Monster Hunter XX are “Ouma Diablos” and “Balfark.” The former is a dangerous monster with large, parting horns, while the latter is a silver-winged monster whose wings can change form.
In related news, Capcom announced that total sales for Monster Hunter Generations have topped 4.1 million worldwide.
Thanks, Games Talk.