The Tomorrow Children will launch for PlayStation 4 as on September 6, Sony Interactive Entertainment and Q-Games announced. While the game will eventually be free-to-play, it will be available first as a paid early access title.
The game is a combination of action, simulation, strategy, and social gaming that puts players in the role of a “project clone,” tasking players to work together, in an alternate future Soviet Union in order to restore civilization to a world annihilated by a failed science experiment. You’ll gather resources, build and customize your town, build defenses, fend of kaiju monsters, and more.
For $19.99, the Founders Pack will include the following:
- Bourgeoisie papers — This is your first step to becoming a resident of The Void. By earning the “rezidenty” status, player’s will have the privilege to participate in creating structures and items to build your town, access to new tools, and the ability to build your very own house within the town. Also includes five F2P invitations to send to friends.
- Lv1 Arms License — Unlocks access to higher-tier weapons at the weapons dealer in town (purchase items with in-game currency earned by completing various labor tasks).
- Lv1 Tools License — Unlocks access to higher tier tools at the tool dealer in town (purchase items with in-game currency earned by completing various labor tasks).
- Eagle Corp. Jetpack — This high-end Black Market paid item will take you to new heights, allowing you to reach otherwise inaccessible areas on tops of “islands” to mine resources and find hidden items.
- Special costume — “Miner Gear” costume to customize your in-game “projection clone” character.
- Exclusive PSN avatar pack — This is a pack containing three exclusive PSN avatars limited to the Founders Pack.
- 1000 Freeman Dollars — Currency that can be used at the black market to purchase a variety of high-powered weapons, tools, and more, and can also be used as bribes to government officials for quick personal benefit. (This is separate from the in-game credits collected from the town’s City Hall after completing various labor tasks, which are used at the normal vendors in town.)
- Bourgeoisie Paper holders will also receive five invitations to send to their friends, granting them access to the F2P game client before full public release. Invited comrades can enjoy the F2P game for free, and upgrade their experience with the Founders Pack if they choose.
Founders Pack owners, as well as those invited by Founders to experience the free-to-play game early, will be able to purchase additional Freeman Dollar packs via the PlayStation Store to purchase Black Market items in the game.
The free-to-play version of The Tomorrow Children will launch in “the coming months.” When it does, the Founders Pack will be replaced by the Frontier Pack bundle, including additional content and Freeman Dollar currency.
View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.