The game is set in the land known as the “Oasis of the Harvest Goddess.” Many people used to live in Skytree Village, and the land was once lush and green. But after the power of the Harvest Goddess gradually waned, the land became parched and dry. It’s up to the player to revive the seven Skytrees and give the Harvest Goddess her power back to restore life to the land.
During their journey, players will meet a variety of characters (including some returning faces), alongside a brand new art style, new character models, and more. Skytree Village promises user-friendly tutorials, farm customization by raising and lowering the land, creating rivers, ponds, and more, upgraded tools to help farmers shape the land more efficiently, and even a boat to go fishing. There’s also a new herd animal called the Poitou donkey.
Here’s a list of features, via Natsume:
- Play as a boy or a girl, woo bachelorettes and bachelors, and start a family!
- Completely new story with tons of interesting new characters.
- New crops and flowers to discover.
- New fishing mechanics: expand waterways and catch rarer fish.
- A full town with many residents, each with their own personalities and quirks.
A release date was not announced. Only a logo accompanied the announcement. Harvest Moon: Skytree Village will be playable at E3 2016.