Aksys Games will bring BlazBlue: Central Fiction to PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 in North America.
- A 40+ hour story mode with fully animated cut scenes pushes the boundaries of fighting game narratives
- Epic Aesthetic
- Insanely detailed 2D hand drawn sprites coupled with astonishing 3D rendered backgrounds create a world unlike anything you’ve seen before
- A packed roster of over 30+ characters new and old battle across 60+ different stages
The Amazon page lists a placeholder “December 31, 2016” release date. In Japan, BlazBlue: Central Fiction is due out this fall.
As previously detailed, BlazBlue: Central Fiction features various modes unique to consoles, including modes both returning and new. This includes Arcade Mode, V.S. Mode, Grim of Abyss Mode, Score Attack Mode, and Speed Star Mode. Story Mode develops via an adventure game format, with Central Fiction featuring a new story spanning dozens of hours and depicting the final chapter of the “Story of the Azure” starring Ragna. Es, from the Xblaze series, also makes her appearance as a playable character.
Aksys Games is holding a panel at 1:00 p.m. ET today at MomoCon, where it says it will be “making MAJOR announcements.” This will likely be one of them.
Update 1:30 p.m.: Aksys Games confirmed a winter 2016 release for BlazBlue: Central Fiction in North America during its MomoCon panel.
Here is another list of features Aksys provided at the panel:
- Revamped user interface: completely redesigned and more intuitive.
- Brand new story: a massive single-palyer experience.
- New battle systems: “Exceed Accel” and “Active Flow.”
- Five new characters: Hibiki=Kohaku (technical-type), Naoto (aggressive standard-type), and more.
- New levels and level variations.
- “Alliance Mode” team construction mode.
- “Item Shop Mode” where you use currency earned in-game to buy loot.
- “Speed Star Mode” where you try to defeat CPU opponents within a specified time limit.