First, some returning characters:
- Oshutoru (Haku) (voiced by Keiji Fujiwara) – The protagonist. At the dying request of Oshutoru, Haku wears the mask in his place.
- Nekone (voiced by Inori Minase) – She supports Haku to fulfill her older brother’s dying request. She carries the responsibility for her brother’s death on her back and agonizes herself for it.
- Rurutie (voiced by Ai Kakuma) – She has grown mentally through the fight against the Haku she admired’s death and allies.
- Atui (voiced by Yumi Hara) – The beloved daughter of the emperor of the ocean country, Shahhoro.
New to The Two Hakuoros is a character named Fumiruiru, voiced by Yuko Gibu. She is a big-hearted girl born in Tuskuru. She is a good, understanding person and Kuon’s attendant, while at the same time an older sister-like character.
Here are some tidbits from an interview with producer Naoya Shimokawa:
- The game is currently about 70 percent complete.
- Even if we had to delay it, it’d only be about one to two months.
- Across all three platforms and together with the download versions, the previous game sold more than 150,000 copies.
- We want to reveal most of what was foreshadowed with this game. The reason we say “most” is to leave some room for investigation for players who didn’t know what was foreshadowed when playing the earlier games.
- In what way will Hakuoro make his appearance, I wonder… (Laughs.)
- We want you to consider things from the title, but we don’t make it a point to disappoint the expectations of our fans.
- The story starts immediately following the previous game.
- We don’t have plans to sell a low-price version or bundle version of the previous work. However, we are considering whether or not we can discount the download version.
- Character levels from the previous game will not carry over. Since there was greater weight to the adventure parts in the previous game, this game will do it in better balance.
- The scenario writer has an idea for a “Zero” concept in his head where a young Tusukuru plays an active role.
- We hope to continue developing Utawarerumono in the future.