As previously announced, first production run versions of the game will also receive a special Shadow Mewtwo Amiibo card, which can be tapped to the Wii U GamePad controller to unlock the Shadow Mewtwo playable character in the game.
The Bandai Namco-developed fighting game includes 16 playable fighters:
- Pikachu – Pikachu overwhelms opponents with powerful electric shocks and quick movements.
- Weavile – Weavile is a speedy fighter with a small body, sharp claws, and the ability to control ice.
- Sceptile – Sceptile is a mysterious dark green shadow, the ruler of the jungle, and can control plants.
- Suicune – Suicune is a Legendary Pokémon with powerful long-range attacks.
- Pikachu Libre – Pikachu Libre, a wrestling idol, is a small masked fighter overflowing with fighting spirit.
- Machamp – Machamp is a powerful fighter with unrivaled close-range combat skills.
- Lucario – Lucario is an all-around solid fighter with a balance of offense and defense.
- Gengar – Gengar is a phantasmagoric trickster, tough to read and hated by its opponents.
- Gardevoir – Gardevoir toys with opponents from afar with fluid movements.
- Garchomp – Garchomp is a heavy-hitting Pokémon with moves that close in on its opponents and deal big damage.
- Charizard – Charizard is like a flame dancing in the air, using its white-hot power to overcome all opposition.
- Shadow Mewtwo – Shadow Mewtwo can deliver a series of devastating blows, confusing its opponents into submission.
- Chandelure – Chandelure’s innocent spirit lures its opponents to the underworld. The flames of its long-range attacks can consume anything.
- Braixen – Braixen strikes at foes from a distance with fiery distance attacks.
- Blaziken – Blaziken is a hot-blooded fighter that rushes into battle with its fists of flame.
- Mewtwo – Mewtwo combines cerebral agility with incredible power to dominate any adversary.
Visit the official English website at PokkenTournament.com.