Koei Tecmo Games announced Toukiden 2 for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PS Vita during SCEJA Press Conference 2015.
Due out in 2016, the hunting action game will feature an open world.
Watch the teaser trailer below. View a set of stills at the gallery.
Update 12:20 p.m.: The follow are details from a Weekly Famitsu interview with Koei Tecmo’s Kenichi Ogasawara and Takashi Morinaka:
- To bring Toukiden to the forefront as a billboard title for Koei Tecmo, we wanted to quickly bring out a sequel.
- After considering the level of immersion we wanted to give players, we opted for an open-world.
- The game has the same world setting and time period as the first Toukiden.
- There will be comfortable online play and an increase in the multiplayer population, but certain measures will be necessary.
- Cross-play and cross-save are supported.
- We want to listen to feedback in a similar way we did with the demos we’ve released in the past.
Thanks, Hachima Kikou.