For the next five weeks of Weekly Shonen Jump magazine, starting from the July 6 issue, which leaked last week, and running through the August 3 issue, each issue will have the latest scoop on the Dragon Quest series, which will celebrate its 30th anniversary in 2016, the magazine announced in a press release.
That, of course, includes new details on Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King for 3DS, but also other “fan must-see scoop(s),” too.
Here are all of the “Weekly Shonen Jump x Dragon Quest” issues. It’s worth noting that the contents of Jump magazine usually leak on Thursday mornings (ET), four days in advance of its planned release date.
- Weekly Jump Issue 32 – July 6 (leaked on July 2) – Included Dragon Quest VIII for 3DS box art, a new dungeon and boss, and teased a “big title” that will surprise you in the following week’s issue.
- Weekly Jump Issue 33 – July 13 (should leak on July 9)
- Weekly Jump Issue 34 – July 18 (should leak on July 16)
- Weekly Jump Issue 35 – July 27 (should leak on July 23)
- Weekly Jump Issue 36 – August 3 (should leak on July 30)
Outside of Dragon Quest VIII for 3DS, Dragon Quest XI is known to be in development—although not much is known about it other than that it’s for home console, offline, and will return to the series’ traditional mechanics. Dragon Quest Heroes II is also in the works for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PS Vita, which we haven’t heard from it since its April announcement.