Activision and PlatinumGames have officially announced Transformers: Devastation, a new fast-paced action brawler with cel-shaded graphics for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC.
The game features five playable Autobots—Optimus Prime, BUmblebee, Sideswipe, Wheeljack, and Grimlock—and a story inspired by the IDW comic book universe, as well as the voice talents of Dan Gilvezan as Bumblebee, Frank Walker as Megatron and Sound Wave, Gregg Berger as Grimlock, and Peter Cullen as Optimus Prime. Throughout the game, players will unlock new skills, forge new weapons, and upgrade their characters for the battle against the Decepticons, including Megatron and the powerful combiner Devastator.
Activision says the game is due out “later this year,” but if the Best Buy leak this weekend is to go by, the game will be out on October 6.
Find the Best Buy fact sheet below.
Face off against Megatron and battle it out with the Decepticons in Transformers Devastation. Equipped with fast action capabilities, this game allows for instant robot to vehicle attacks, slam downs, counterattacks, and infinite combos for a unique master combat system. Five difficulty levels also deliver hours of intense gameplay.
- Autobots face off against the Decepticons when Megatron discovers a way to harness the enormous power of plasma energy to cyberform Earth
- PlatinumGames signature fast action allows instant robot to vehicle attacks, slam downs, counterattacks, and infinite combos for a unique master combat system
- Features 5 playable Autobots including Optimus Prime, Bubblebee, Sideswipe, Wheeljack, and Grimlock
- A deep customization system and 5 difficulty levels with overhauls in enemy composition deliver hours of intense gameplay
- Actors from the original TV series reprising their roles include Peter Cullen (Optimus Prime), Dan Gilvezan (Bubblebee), Frank Welker (Megatron and Soundwave), and more
Watch the debut trailer below. View the first screenshots at the gallery.