Bandai Namco’s Godzilla game will launch for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 on July 14 in North America and July 17 in Europe, the publisher announced.
Pre-orders and day one copies of the game will include instant access to the playable “Hollywood Godzilla.”
Here’s the official fact sheet:
Complete and Utter Destruction!
Godzilla, the King of the Monsters, first appeared in 1954. Scientists studied Godzilla and found that they could harness energy from the monster. Called “G-Energy,” this seemingly endless source of power was used to better the lives of all mankind. 60 years later, just when mankind’s memory of the beast faded, Godzilla appeared again. Godzilla destroyed at will, all in search of more G-Energy. Such irony, the same G-Energy which was used to better the people’s lives, also caused Godzilla to awaken. Can the G-Force, mankind’s last hope, stop Godzilla? What fait awaits Godzilla once he has consumed all of the G-Energy, and grown to his full potential?
Is Godzilla hero or anti-hero? Roar as the Classic Godzilla or 2014 Hollywood Godzilla! Lay waste to cities with brute force and atomic breath! Battle against a cast of monstrous legendary rivals!
- Destruction – Bash your way through each stage to take out the Energy Generator and proceed to the next area. Be sure to smash as many other buildings in the stage as possible to maximize your G-Energy. But beware, because the more buildings and structures you take out in the stage, the higher the Hazard Level will go, bringing out legendary monsters to battle.
- Movie Style Action – Players can choose to view the action with a special Movie-Style Camera Angle System. Choosing this camera angle switches the camera view to special, pre set locations on the map. Players can switch to the special camera points, and control Godzilla as seen just like in the movies!
- Multiple Modes
- Destruction Mode – Crush your way through over 20 stages of mayhem!
- Diorama Mode – Build the Godzilla scene of their dreams!
- King of Monsters Mode – It’s a time trial of chaos!
- Power Up – Collect G-Energy in each stage to Power-Up your Godzilla! Grow Godzilla to the size of a skyscraper! Godzilla’s defensive and offensive prowess will increase in line with his size. Your Godzilla will also learn new skills, and you can power up his heat ray as well!
- Pre-Order Bonus – Pre-Order to receive an early unlock of Hollywood Godzilla!
- New PS4 Features
- Online Versus Play – Play as your favorite monster online!
- New Monsters – Even more monsters for more mayhem!
Watch a new trailer below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery. (Footage and screenshots from the PlayStation 4 version.)