Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires has been delayed from its planned January release date to February 24 in North America and February 27 in Europe.
The game will be available at retail for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, and via download for PlayStation 3 and PC.
Pre-order bonuses were also announced:
North America (GameStop and EB Games)
- Special Costume Set (Date Mashamune, Guan Yinping, Guo Jia and Tenko costumes)
- Edit Armor Set 1 (for male characters)
- Edit Armor Set 2 (for female characters)
- Edit Armour Set 1 (for male characters) – via GAME
- Edit Armour Set 2 (for female characters) – via ShopTo.net or PlayStation Network
- Special Costume Set (Date Mashamune, Guan Yinping, Guo Jia and Tenko costumes) – via independent retailers through CentreSoft
Koei Tecmo also released the game’s opening movie, as well as new images and video for new character Xun Yu and his weapons.
Here’s Xun Yu’s description:
Xun Yu, from the Wei Kingdom, favors the “Formation Rod” and was known as the “King’s Gifted Adviser” due to the brilliant strategies and advice he dispensed. His keen insight and large network of acquaintances has made him skilled at evaluating people, resulting in the discovery of many adept officers.
And the desriptions of weapons for nine different characters:
- Deng Ai’s “Revolving Crossbow” which can be used for long and short-range attacks and is capable of rapidly firing multiple arrows.
- Guan Suo’s “Sabatons” which are equipped on the feet, focused solely on kicks and able to launch combo attacks in the air.
- Lianshi’s “Mandarin Duck Hooks” which makes up for its short reach with sheer speed that she wields in both hands.
- Liu Shan’s agile “Dragon Column” known for its variety of special counterattacks.
- Meng Huo’s hefty “Stele” that transform into a palm tree or other items during Strong Attacks.
- Sun Quan’s “Flame Blade”, a well-rounded powerful sword, enveloped in flames with fast attack speed at distances both near and far.
- Wang Yi’s “Emei Piercers” used primarily by assassins has a short reach, but is capable of multiple rapid attacks.
- Xiaoqiao’s “Paired Fans” which can create a flurry of small tornadoes that fly freely in the air.
- Yueying’s “Bladebow”, which combines a crossbow with a short-range sword that fires a homing arrow after multiple shots are executed.
Watch the new footage below. View the screenshots at the gallery.