First details on Forbidden Magna, Marvelous AQL’s new 3DS simulation RPG from the developers behind Rune Factory, have surfaced via this week’s Famitsu.
Find the full summary below, courtesy of [email protected].
Release Date: 2014
Price: To be decided
Developer: Marvelous AQL (in-house production?)
Producer: Yoshifumi Hashimoto
Director: Masami Miyata
Character Illustration: Ototsugu Konoe
Main Weapon Design: Naohiro Washio
The graphics are 3D, similar to Harvest Moon‘s. It should have 2D graphics with polygonal obstacles on the field as the only 3D graphic elements.
Like Harvest Moon: Tsunagaru Shin Tenchi, characters are short. (Represented in a super-deformed or chibi style.)
- Lux (voiced by Rina Sato) – Protagonist. A red-haired young man who lives on a remote island. He’s run the island’s inn for a while, but visitors never came. He visited a cave to mine crystals and came across a mysterious bracelet…
- Charlotte (Ay Kayano) – The first spirit. She is a girl with long ears, pink hair, and pigtails. She has a cheerful personality and is not shy. Her weapon is the large sword-type “Perfect Beauty.”
- Beatrice (Minori Chihara) – The second spirit. She is a silver-haired girl with her bangs cut straight across. She is clearheaded and calm. Her weapon is the bow-type “Stellar Bowgun.”
- Diana (Ami Koshimizu) – A spirit, like the two before her. She has purple hair and a side ponytail. Her weapon is the spear-type “Qilin.” She carries her weapon with her even when she bathes, but cherishes her teddy bear in private.
- Inn Part – An inn with no customers, managed with the help of spirits.
- Maid Inn System – The inn will have spirits in maid uniforms in place of regular attendants. The characters have chibi proportions so it’s not easy to understand the clothing details.
- ETR System – An abbreviation for “Entertainment.” As you build up trust with your spirits you will be able to go to battle. Furthermore you will unlock events or special moves.
- Battle Part – During battles, you can take a spirit of your choice with you. The field crystals act as an energy source for the spirits. There will be battlefields such as rainy fields and farms.
- CLT System – An abbreviation for “Connect Lead Time.” During both enemy and allied turns the game will play like an action game, there are no squares or hexagons, a battle system similar to the Valkyria Chronicles series?
- Animoto – During conversation scenes, bust-up illustrations of characters are animated.