Tecmo Koei and Team Ninja have released a new trailer and screenshots for Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate showing new costumes, Team Fight mode, the return of Survival mode items, improved training modes, and more.
Find each element fully detailed by the company below.
- Costumes – Costumes are abundant with not just a new outfit, hairstyle and animation for each of the girls, but also “Pop Idol” sets. The three “Pop Idol” sets showcase sisters Ayane and Kasumi in classic “JPOP” style; a schoolgirl inspired set for Hitomi, Kokoro, Leifang and Mila; and a seductive “bad girl” set for Helena, Lisa, Momiji, Rachel, Sarah and Tina. Costumes obtained in Dead or Alive 5 can also be transferred adding to the immense selection.
- Improved Training Modes – Add new lessons for Tutorial mode, while Combo Challenge mode adds the ability to practice moves and strategies including Power Launchers and tag combos.
- Movies – Players can relive favorite entrance and victory animations and story scenes with highly customizable character appearances. Accessible through “Movies”, players can finally personalize their experience in incredible detail including costume, hairstyle and more.
- Survival Mode – Now includes the return of items that are dropped with a ground attack or when an opponent is defeated. Each of the nine items has a special benefit such as a watermelon that will fully restore health if needed or reward bonus points.
- Team Fight Mode – Put together a team and compete against another player or the COM to takedown all of the characters on the opposing team. Characters must be selected strategically balancing skill sets, speed and styles in order to gain the advantage, and ultimately, the win. Icons below the health bar keep count of how many enemies are left to defeat.
- Miscellaneous – The Move List from Dead or Alive 5 Plus has been expanded in Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate with even more detailed information. Nearly 1000 new titles are available with a huge library for each character. Battling in different modes, clearing new missions and other new challenges unlock titles to be used to customize player profiles.
Additionally, Tecmo Koei announced consumers who pre-order the game at GameStop or Amazon will receive exclusive costume packs for select female fighters at launch.
Watch the trailer below. View the screenshots at the gallery.