The portable version, due out on March 22, will include both cross-platform play, download content sharing, and save sharing with its PlayStation 3 counterpart.
Here are the details:
- Hardware icons will appear next to player names in cross-platform battles to indicate whether they are playing on PS3 or PS Vita.
- Cross-platform battles will run at 60fps on both platforms so there will be no lag or slowdown even when playing on different devices.
- All characters that have been unlocked on PS3 can be used on PS Vita—and vice versa.
- In-game rankings will show whether players are on PS Vita or PS3.
- Using the PS Store, DLC purchases will be shared across both platforms so players can pay a single price while getting dual platform use.
- Over 100 costumes have been delivered to date as DLC, and the cross-platform transfer allows players to preserve their collection while getting new gameplay options with Dead or Alive 5 Plus on PS Vita.
Cross-Platform Game Saves and Unlocked Content
- Saved games on PS Vita or PS3 can be used on the other platform, so gamers can play on the go and then bring their progress back to the console (or vice versa).
- All unlocked content on one platform is available on the other platform; for instance, Tina’s Legend Swimsuit earned by completing Legend mode in Arcade mode without continuing will be available on PS3 if earned on PS Vita.
View screenshots of these new features at the gallery.