Kalypso Media officially announced Dark today, clarifying details from Germany first shared late last week.
Dark is a third-person stealth action game with RPG elements for Xbox 360 and PC. Developed by RealmForge, who created Dungeons, it follows the story of a vampire out to discover the secrets behind the mysterious global GeoForge Corporation. Equipped with vampire skills, stealth and lethal combat abilities, he will lurk a futuristic cityscape in a cel-shaded techno universe, stalking enemies, and silently dispatching them. As you progress, you will be able to continually upgrade your character with new skills.
The game features:
- Stealth and action combine as players walk the world in darkness and silence, attacking their unsuspecting foes with supernatural fury.
- Use powerful vampire abilities and hard-hitting melee attacks to defeat dangerous enemies – turn into a puff of smoke and disappear, or close with your foes in an instant!.
- Powerful and intelligently controlled AI enemies mix the fantastic with the real-world. Battle police and elite special forces along with ghouls and other vampires.
- Castles, museums, skyscrapers, nightclubs and more are rendered in stunning 3D cel-shaded graphics, beckoning the player to explore – but beware, powerful enemies hide everywhere.
- RPG element mix with a compelling story – players will build up their skills through successful evasion and combat, while advancing the story through conversations with NPCs.
Dark is due for global release in early 2013. We’ll be seeing it at E3 next month. Look forward to our report.