The October 2011 issue of Official PlayStation Magazine is hot with rumors. The magazine reports loose talk of a Resident Evil 6 announcement at this month’s Tokyo Game Show, the development of an exclusive first-person shooter for PlayStation 3 from EA, and Valve working on a new game with GlaDOS (Portal) voice actress Ellen McLain.
The full list of rumors, courtesy of SilleGamer, can be read below:
- “EA has been staffing up to launch a new PS3 exclusive FPS.”
- “One of the US’s best-loved sports games will finally get a UK release next year.”
- “Tokyo Game Show will see the announcement of Resident Evil 6.”
- “Crysis 2 developer Crytek is working on a new shooter franchise.”
- “Monkey News! Enslaved is far from dead with Namco currently exploring sequel possibilities. Chimpanzee that!”
- “Dante’s at his peak – the first three Devil May Cry games will be released as an HD Collection.”
- “Portals GLaDOS is lending her vocal talents to a new game on the way from Valve.”
In the UK edition of OPM last month, it was said Resident Evil 6 will launch in 2012. A couple of weeks later, the game was spotted on the resume of a CG artist. The rumors began with a supposed behind-closed-doors showing of the sequel at July’s San Diego Comic-Con.
On Devil May Cry HD, we were also told pre-E3 that an HD collection was in development for PlayStation 3.