Castle Crashers was announced for PlayStation Network last summer and we’ve not heard any word from it since. However, today developer The Behemoth has given us a progress report on the PlayStation Network game as well as details on a new exclusive volleyball mini-game that will be included in the release.
The volleyball mini-game will include the following:
- Play co-op or vs your buddies
- Local or online play
- From 1-4 players per team for up to 8 player matches
- Variable stats based on character
- Use magic attacks to place 8 new magic status effects on the volleyball
- Cool new serving and spiking moves
- Available AI teammates or opponents
- Play as any character you have unlocked
- Play 1, 3 or 5 matches against your opponents
- Leaderboards to track the best in the land
As for a release date, they don’t have one yet, but they do have more additions coming for the PlayStation 3 version.
“As we get closer to the release, we’ll start revealing some more features and additions.” The Behemoth’s Emil Ayoubkhan teased, “What will they be? How will they work? What will they do? Stay tuned for more.”
Castle Crashers for PSN: Progress Report [PlayStation.Blog]