Square Enix has released eight new English screenshots of Final Fantasy XIII today alongside an updated fact sheet detailing the 2010 RPG. The new screenshots let us take a look at Oerba Yun Fang, as well as Sazh’s summon in glorious 720p. The fact sheet does nothing but further hype the game. It also mentions Final Fantasy Versus XIII, which gets us even more excited.
Check out the new screens at the gallery. Read on for the fact sheet.
FINAL FANTASY® XIII
Developer: Square Enix Co., Ltd.
Publisher: Square Enix, Inc.
Platform: PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system/Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft
ESRB: Not Yet Rated
Ship Date: 2010
Square Enix proudly presents FINAL FANTASY XIII, the latest installment in the world-renowned FINAL FANTASY series, which has shipped over 85 million units worldwide. To celebrate the 13th title in the series, Square Enix has undertaken a colossal project involving the development of various content for multiple platforms. FABULA NOVA CRYSTALLIS™, defined in Latin as “the new tale of the crystal,” is made up of several different titles based on variations of the FINAL FANTASY XIII universe. While each title in the project features different characters, different worlds and different stories, all are ultimately based on and expand upon a common mythos.
In FINAL FANTASY XIII, players will embark on a journey through the cityworld of Cocoon and the outerworld of Pulse, encountering and fighting alongside a diverse group of allies. Execute powerful attacks with weapons and magic, and summon the enigmatic Eidolons with an evolved Active Time Battle system. Experience seamless transitions between real-time gameplay and in-game cinematics. Do you have the courage to face your destiny?
- For the first time, a numbered FINAL FANTASY title arrives simultaneously on PLAYSTATION 3 and Xbox 360
- Director MotomuToriyama (FINAL FANTASY VII, X, X-2), character designer Tetsuya Nomura (FINAL FANTASY V～VIII, FINAL FANTASY X) and art director Isamu Kamikokuryo (FINAL FANTASY X, XII) combine their creative vision and expertise to deliver the latest masterpiece in the FINAL FANTASY universe
- Masashi Hamauzu (FINAL FANTASY X, DIRGE of CERBERUS -FINAL FANTASY VII-) presents a sweeping soundtrack
- Movie director Takeshi Nozue (FINAL FANTASY VII ADVENT CHILDREN) and his team of artistic talents adorn the game with seamless cinematic sequences of unparalleled beauty and caliber
- Square Enix unleashes its creative engine, Crystal Tools, powering the ground-breaking graphics of FINAL FANTASY XIII and the upcoming FINAL FANTASY VERSUS XIII
- An innovative blend of the real-time game world and strategic combat system are made possible with the evolved Active Time Battle system, offering an all-new RPG experience for the world