The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is an open-world action adventure video game developed by Nintendo Entertainment Planning & Development Division and published by Nintendo.
Explore the vast land—and skies—of Hyrule.
An epic adventure awaits in the Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom game, only on the Nintendo Switch system.
In this sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild game, you’ll decide your own path through the sprawling landscapes of Hyrule and the mysterious islands floating in the vast skies above. Can you harness the power of Link’s new abilities to fight back against the malevolent forces that threaten the kingdom?
Explore. Create. Discover.
Set out for adventure in a transformed and expanded Hyrule. Find new ways to explore, create, and discover on an epic journey fueled by your imagination.
- The Sky – Link begins his journey on one of the many mysterious floating islands that have suddenly appeared in the skies high above Hyrule. It’s there our hero will have to gain new abilities before returning to the surface world to begin his epic adventure.
- The Surface – The sky isn’t the only thing that’s changed in Hyrule. Familiar locations have been dramatically transformed, with new towns, dank caves, and mysterious gaping chasms springing up across the world—all waiting to be explored.
Unleash Your Imagination
Here are just some of the ways Link can tap into his new abilities in creative—and sometimes surprising—ways.
- Explore – Link must travel across the far-reaching land and skies of Hyrule to discover the origins of the mysterious gloom that is plaguing the kingdom.
- Create – Use Link’s powerful new abilities like Ultrahand and Fuse to make audacious weapons and craft creative ways to travel across the landscape.
- Discover – Find new ways to build, battle, and play as you try to uncover the secret menace that threatens Hyrule.
Transform the way you play with Link’s new abilities.
- Ultrahand – Using the new Ultrahand ability, Link can pick up, move, and rotate objects. He can even attach things together to create bridges, vehicles, and more!
- Fuse – Magically fuse objects to Link’s current weapon, shield, or arrow to increase durability, damage, or even add a new effect. Experiment with lots of different combinations to come up with surprising—and sometimes hilarious—results!
- Ascend – Add a new dimension to your exploration with Ascend, which gives Link the ability to pass through solid objects above him. Rise up through ceilings, hillsides, and even certain enemies to create seemingly impossible shortcuts.
- Recall – Use Recall to reverse an object’s movement, letting Link ride fallen boulders skyward, recover thrown weapons, or send projectiles back where they came from.
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom News
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom – gameplay demonstration with Eiji Aonuma, Switch OLED Model announced
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild sequel The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom launches May 12, 2023
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom GalleriesView full gallery
February 8, 2023
September 13, 2022
June 15, 2021