From the top of Megacity S1-9, the Sovereign Khan rules with fists of iron and flesh. Beneath the city’s rotting foundations, a vengeful warrior embarks on a journey to murder him. Four years prior to the events of Slave Zero, Slave Zero X brings new life to a world where horrific, living machines known as Slaves are primed to become the latest tools of war in humanity’s long and bloody history. A secret band of warriors known as The Guardians hope to stop these biomecha from being unleashed upon the world, but one swordsman among their ranks has a different idea: use the enemy’s own weapon against them. By merging with a stolen Slave Unit Prototype, Shou will become a furious Devil in pursuit of killing a false God.
- Killer Combos – Use swift swordplay, explosive ordnance, and stylish combos against an army of meat and metal.
- Death from Above – Air juggling, dashes, and frequent target switching allow for you to take down foes of any size while wall-jumping and platforming can help you outmaneuver your enemies.
- Fight for Your Life – Conquer mini-bosses, set pieces, and climactic 1-on-1 encounters that offer intense challenges against unforgettable villains.
- Strength is Nothing Without Control – Use the Training Room to hone precise and powerful moves to string together devastating attack sequences.
- Battle to the Beat – A 90s-inspired soundtrack features heavy drum ‘n’ bass and funky industrial music that adds to the thrill of combat.
- Feast Your Eyes – A unique visual aesthetic combines nostalgic 2D sprites with an advanced lighting system and stylized 3D environments.