Mercenaries Wings: The False Phoenix is a strategy role-playing video game developed and published by RideonJapan. The Switch version is published by CIRCLE Entertainment in the west. The PC version is published by Flyhigh Works and co-developed by Esquadra.
Mercenaries Wings: The False Phoenix is a tactical simulation RPG where you level up, equip and command a group of mercenaries to fight through the stages. Character design is by the illustrator Raita Kazama, who has spared no effort in detail to make each character expressive and alive.
Situated on the northern continent lies the Kingdom of Dryden, a constitutional monarchy and sovereign nation. It is said that a hero, blessed by the Phoenix, cut through over 1,000 foes to establish the kingdom.
As if personifying that violent legend, the current king, Harold, has been warring with neighboring countries ever since he ascended to the throne ten years prior. The desolation caused by continuous conflict has caused dissatisfaction to peak among the populace.
They now rise up, led by one Earl Iscariot. One day, when the Royal Army was invading another state, his Rebel Army attacked the under-manned Royal Castle and captured it. And so the Kingdom of Dryden now finds itself caught between a civil war from within, and war with the neighboring Collingwood.
King Harold, unable to move his army away from the Collingwood frontlines, decided to hire mercenaries to be his army in fighting against the rebels.
One of the first mercenary bands to respond to the call was the Crimson Birds.
This up-and-coming band is led by their commander, Kane the Crimson Flash, and vice-commander, Jeremy the Phoenix.
- Command your units on a quarter-view battle map and bring them to victory!
- Unit positions will affect Action results in battle. Whether your units are positioned in the, front, back, or side of the enemy, and whether they are on higher ground compared to the target are all taken into factor how effective their actions will be.
- Spend Skill Points (SP) to change character classes! By leveling up your character, they will be able to unlock Intermediate and Advanced job classes. Each class has its own set of skills you can learn. Special classes can only be unlocked by using certain items. Build your own balanced team!
- Spend SP to learn new skills! Depending on the class you choose, your characters will be able to learn skills that can heal or buff allies, and debuff or inflict status abnormalities to your enemies.
- A new “Leader Skill” function has been added. Depending on the leader you choose for each battle, you will be able to gain special effects unique to the character to help your team. For example, you could choose a leader that increases movement range for wide maps, or a leader that increases the HP of ally units for melee intensive fights. Choosing the appropriate leader for each fight could make or break the battle.
- The story has a multi-ending. Your choices directly impact the fate of your team.
- The extra difficult “EX Stages” are sure to satisfy even the most skilled strategy experts.
Mercenaries Wings: The False Phoenix News
Mercenaries Wings: The False Phoenix GalleriesView full gallery
October 3, 2019
October 22, 2018