XIIZEAL first launched for Xbox 360 on May 30, 2013 via the bundle pack Shooting Love. 10th Anniversary: XIIZEAL & DELTAZEAL. The other title included in the pack, DELTAZEAL, launched for Switch back on August 3.
A PC version of XIIZEAL was released via Steam on June 5, 2015.
Here is an overview of the Switch version, via its official website:
Rush into enemies without parrying! XIIZEAL, a vertical shoot ’em up with a physical challenge, was originally released in arcades in 2002. Includes a commentary by the developer!
- Graphics that embrace the elaborate pixel art techniques of the 1990s.
- Newly recorded commentary that offers a glimpse into the world facing an indie game developer 20 years ago.
And here is an overview of the PC version, via its Steam page:
Veteran arcade developer Triangle Service brings us the classic shoot ’em up experience with XIIZEAL! Select your mode and prepare for fast and frantic action. There are many enemies, but the side shot allows you to attack even when you’re surrounded! Defeat the bosses, dodge the bullets, and go for the high score!
- Highly detailed pixel graphics—legions of tanks, planes, and robots to blow up!
- Huge boss enemies with lots of parts to destroy! Pick them apart piece by piece to reduce their firepower!
- Practice the stages one at a time in Score Attack Mode or play all eight stages in Arcade Mode, the choice is up to you!
- Fun and intuitive scoring system. Chain kills to build the multiplier, but if you miss an enemy, it will start to drop! It’s easy to learn, but hard to master.
- Adjustable difficulty settings to support all levels of player skill.
- Support for picture rotation and vertical aspect displays—play in an authentic arcade format and get a larger picture!
- Chase the top score on the global leaderboards! Scores are tracked for both Arcade Mode and Score Attack.
- Use the replay function to share your best games with friends, or plan your next attack!
- Steam achievements are supported.
Watch a trailer below.
Switch Announce Trailer