RideonJapan will release bar owner simulation RPG Adventure Bar Story for Switch on December 21 in Japan for 1,500 yen, followed by PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 at a later date, the developer announced. All three versions are also planned for release in the west at a later date, a RideonJapan representative told Gematsu.
Adventure Bar Story is currently available for iOS via App Store and Android via Google Play worldwide. It first launched for mobile phones in August 2006 in Japan, and has since been ported to iOS, Android, 3DS, and PSP.
Here is an overview of the game, via its store pages:
Your sister’s shabby tavern is facing a takeover by a rich restaurant owner, Gustav. The only way to save it is to become the most popular place in town!
- Adventure the world to find ingredients!
- Slice up monsters for your main dish!
- Fish and farm for exotic produce!
- Grow your revenue, complete quests, and win contests to rank up your bar!
Kamerina’s Bar is a typical tavern in the world of an RPG where adventurers gather to share information. YOU are the owner. Gustav, the rich neighborhood restaurant owner, is trying to buyout your tavern. Gustav is a powerful man, if you don’t do anything, he will drive you out of business and force you to sell the bar! Best way to defend the take over? WIN THE CROWD! Become the most popular bar in town, so even Gustav can’t touch you!
- Slice Up Monsters for Your Main Dish – Battles are the best way to get exotic ingredients. Slice up a dragon and bring back its meat to cook dragon steak! Steal its eggs to make dragon omelets!
- Rank Up Your Bar – Cook with the ingredients gathered in your adventure. Serve customers and win contests to rank up your bar and trigger RPG events. Do you have what it takes to analyze seasonal demand changes and combos?
- Eat to Level Up – Unlike most RPGs, the characters in this game do not level up by fighting monsters. EXP is gained only through eating! Make enough food for your customers and party members. The better the food, the stronger they get.
- 400 Recipes – There are over 400 recipes in the game! Completing the recipe book will be a tough challenge. Lead your party members to over 10 dungeons in the game to look for rare ingredients!
Watch the Switch trailer below.