Clouded Leopard Entertainment will release voxel third-person shooter Earth Defense Force: World Brothers 2 for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and Switch in Asia in English in 2024, the publisher announced. The Asian version will support English, Japanese, Korean, and Chinese audio, and English, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese text.
Additionally, D3 Publisher and developer Yuke’s have released the first full-length trailer for the sequel, which is currently playable at Tokyo Game Show 2023 at Makuhari Messe in Chiba, Japan until September 24.
Here is an overview of the game, via Clouded Leopard Entertainment:
Earth Defense Force: World Brothers 2 tells the story of what happened to the voxel (cube) Earth after the events of the first installment. It cleverly introduces elements from Earth Defense Force 6 and features the Wing Diver Shooter, who didn’t make it into the previous game. This latest installment is filled with more love for the Earth Defense Force series (and Earth!) than ever before!
With 100+ different Brothers and over a hundred missions, Earth Defense Force: World Brothers 2 still features four-player team battles, plus plenty of extras that are sure to please longtime fans!
Brothers from all over the world reunite in the face of an unprecedented threat brought about by an all-new assassin that threatens to tear the Earth apart all over again. In order to restore peace to the voxel Earth, the Earth Defense Force has been dispatched for an emergency mission the likes of which no one has ever seen before!
The Earth Defense Force has always fought threats from space.
As such, we’ve always kept our eyes in the skies. But this time, a new threat has emerged from within the Earth.
Its name is Gaia Ark. All of a sudden it appeared, wreaking havoc upon our beloved planet yet again!
But rest assured, this time we’re prepared. The Earth Defense Force has been training for such a contingency. Come on, Commander. You and your team must join us!
Together, we can save the world once more!
All units prepare to deploy! I repeat, all units prepare to deploy! Earth is under attack. Earth Defense Force, move out at once!
- The Voxel World of Square Earth – Unlike the original Earth Defense Force series, which was illustrated in a photorealistic style, this game uses bold voxel graphics! If you’re someone who can’t stand the sight of huge insects, this can be your first exhilarating experience fighting enormous enemies with the Earth Defense Force!
- Build Your Very Own Earth Defense Force Unit – Earth Defense Force members are struggling in isolated locations around the world. By rescuing and assembling them, you can build your very own Earth Defense Force team. Each mission is tackled by a four-member team that players mix and match to maximize their abilities, so that they can lay waste to their enemies.
- Legends Assemble: Past Earth Defense Force Soldier Classes and Old Enemies Return – Classic soldiers, characters, and weapons from the very first game, THE EARTH DEFENSE FORCE, to the latest numbered title, Earth Defense Force 6, as well as the various Earth Defense Force series spin-offs return in voxelated form! Longtime fans of the series are in for a serious dose of nostalgia, while those who have never played an Earth Defense Force game before will enjoy Earth Defense Force: World Brothers 2 as an introduction to the series that started it all.
- Enemies of Generations Past Reborn – The invaders who attacked Earth and caused mass destruction countless times before are returning in full (voxelated) force. The enemies, giant weapons, and huge monsters from past Earth Defense Force games are all back and bigger than ever! What hell-spawn will show up next?
- Fully Voiced – Like its predecessor, Earth Defense Force: World Brothers 2 features English, Japanese, Chinese, and Korean voiceovers, so that an even greater audience can get in on the action!
Read more about the game here.
Watch a new set of trailers below.
Trailer Version 1.5