PQube will release the PC (Steam) version of visual novel Archetype Arcadia in English alongside its previously announced PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and Switch versions on October 24 in the west, the publisher announced.
Archetype Arcadia first launched for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and Switch on October 21, 2021 in Japan, followed by PC via Steam on January 24, 2022, and iOS and Android on July 1, 2022.
Here is an overview of the game, via PQube:
A deadly disease has wiped out most of humanity causing nightmares, manic episodes, and eventually death. Take on the role of Rust, an older brother and one of the few remaining humans that must step into a virtual reality-world where the answers to the missing populace and the disease that caused it, seem to lie.
- A Dark Science-Fiction Story – Take on the role of a brother desperate to save his sister afflicted with a deadly disease, across eight nail-biting chapters.
- Vibrant Artwork – Step into a post-apocalyptic world brought to life with striking artwork that makes the experience truly immersive.
- Experience the Story Through Different Lenses – See the story’s events unfold through different peoples perspectives. Piece together different parts of the bigger picture. Is our main character a reliable narrator, or can he too be mistaken?
- Powerful Memories – Memories become powerful weapons in this Virtual World. Experience tragic and moving moments of the past in order to battle onwards.
- Gruesome Boss Battles – Bosses hold special memory cards which pave a path to Rust’s answers, but their overwhelming power may prove challenging to defeat!
- Key Choices – There are many options to choose from, each leading to different outcomes, but beware of the Bad Endings!
Archetype Arcadia is a dynamic visual novel set in a post-apocalyptic world where a mysterious disease called “Original Sindrome” plagues its victims. The story revolves around the protagonist, Rust, and his sister Kristin, as they enter the game “Archetype Arcadia” in search of a cure for the disease. Those affected by “Original Sindrome” suffer from insanity, sensory illusions, and uncontrollable urges.
Gaming Saves Lives
Survival is the ultimate goal for everyone, and the game “Archetype Arcadia” offers a unique solution. By wearing the game device, players can utilize powerful memories and corresponding avatars to fight within “Archetype Arcadia” against the blight. While this virtual existence prolongs life, it also carries severe consequences.
Dark and unexpected events can occur within the game world that affects the world outside of it. Do your best to avoid adding to the worlds despair but making the right choices.
Only a Fool’s Hope
Shrouded in mystery and false hope, Archetype Arcadia blends elements of joy, pain, and betrayal in a dark and compelling narrative that will have you glued to your screen.
See scenarios through different perspectives to understand what others are going through, and jump into flashbacks and see the past as it was before the “Original Sindrome” took hold. Use these happier memories to fight against the darkness and try to save Kristin.
Vibrant and Striking Artwork
Experience exciting scenes with bold art that captures the vital moments in the story. Through bold and moving imagery, experience the emotions of the characters, and truly step into the world to battle alongside them. Fight terrifying monsters upfront, and witness moving friendships unfold before your eyes.