Cooperative sandbox survival game Wizard with a Gun will launch for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, and PC via Steam on October 17 for $24.99, followed by Switch at a later date, publisher Devolver Digital and developer Galvanic Games announced. A PC demo is available now for a limited time.
Pre-orders include “The Noble Wizard Pack,” an assortment of cosmetic charms for your Gunmancer.
Here is an overview of the game, via Devolver Digital:
Wizard with a Gun is an online cooperative sandbox survival game set in a magical wilderness wrought with dangerous creatures and arcane mysteries. Embark on a journey alone or with friends to collect, craft, and outfit your wizard however you see fit as you explore the unknown. Carefully design weapons, bullets, and furnishings for your tower home but try not to burn it all down as the magic you wield escalates beyond your control…
- Magical Weapon Customization – Collect resources from the world and craft unique enchanted ammunition for your arsenal of guns. Combine elements for intended or surprising effects that alter the shot, blast radius, bullet trail, and even the status of the creature in your crosshairs
- Customized Whimsical Wizards – Create a dazzling wardrobe for your magic wielder from robes and hats to armor and accessories—functional and fashionable in a way that’s sure to impress.
- Randomly Generated Biomes – Explore and uncover new sections of the world filled with deserts, swamps, tundra, and prairies – all loosely floating together through space and time after the world was fractured. Unleash cosmic power from the safety of your tower to reset the world and emerge once again to find a new layout to once familiar lands.
- Cooperative Adventuring – Survive alone or with up to four other wizards in online cooperative play to combine resources, magic, and creativity in your tower building. Or just watch it all burn down together—the choice is yours.
- Systemic Gameplay – Experiment with new spell combinations and find out how they affect enemies and the world around you the hard way. Creative arrangements can lead to powerful creations that overwhelm your foes while untethered amalgamations can be a recipe for disaster!
Watch a new trailer below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.