Publisher TAITO and developer M2 will release shoot ’em up collection Ray’z Arcade Chronology for PC via Steam this fall, the companies announced. It will support English and Japanese language options.
Ray’z Arcade Chronology first launched for PlayStation 4 and Switch on March 9 in Japan and June 30 worldwide.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Ray’z Arcade Chronology, collects the entire acclaimed Ray series of 90s arcade-classic, vertically scrolling shooting games, along with enhanced HD versions of the two 3D titles, into a single, definitive collection!
- RayStorm neo-HD
- RayCrisis HD
The series is known for its lock-on laser, an elegant combination of style and substance, allowing the player to simultaneously shoot down multiple enemies with a single button, nullifying threats preemptively.
Tamayo’s timelessly beautiful, scene-setting musical scores, and the series’ immersive storytelling and world-building, depicted through gameplay alone are a winning combination which has led to high acclaim from players everywhere, leading to a series with as much popularity as Taito’s other flagship shooting series: Darius.
This collection provides faithful ports of the arcade version of each game, adding more soundtracks, gadgets, quality of life features, and more!
- Crystal-clear, HD versions of RayStorm and RayCrisis.
- Screen filters for that authentic, arcade look.
- Off-screen gadgets packed with supplementary info.
- Original and arranged soundtracks included.
- Play in landscape or rotate your monitor for portrait mode.
- Save anywhere feature to practice those tough spots.
- Download replay data and learn how the experts play.
Watch a new trailer below.