Publisher Paradox Interactive and developer Paradox Tectonic have delayed Life by You from its previously planned Early Access release date of September 12, 2023 to March 5, 2024. It will be available for PC via Steam and Epic Games Store.
Here is the full message from Paradox Tectonic general manager Rod Humble on the delay:
Hello everyone, my name is Rod Humble.
We are moving the start of Early Access for Life by You to March 5, 2024.
Since we first announced Life by You four months ago, we have been sharing regular video updates and developer streams with you, and we’ve also been releasing builds to our modding partners. The feedback we’ve received has been really great and invaluable, and we want to take some extra time to integrate it before launching Early Access.
So specifically, what we’re doing is:
- We’re adding some visual improvements. So those are enhancing animations, lighting, character models, assets, and some more.
- Gameplay tuning, where we’re finding gameplay features provide a more robust experience out the gate at the start of Early Access.
- User interface-style overhaul, based off your feedback, we’re in the process of a major user interface style overhaul, and we’re going to be sharing that preview with you this week.
- Mod tools, we’re continuing to improve our mod tools and modding workflow in a collaboration with our modding community.
- Bug fixing, obviously we’re going to continue to address bugs during Early Access as we develop with you, but we aim to offer a smoother and more polished experience at the very start of Early Access.
- In addition, we’re adding extra languages, so as well as French, German, English, and Spanish, we are also adding Italian and Portuguese for the start of Early Access.
As a special extra thank you to all of our pre-order and wishlist customers, we’re adding a “Nightclub Vibe Pack,” which is a bunch of furniture that’s kind of nightclubby, and we also can use it in game for nightclubs.
Our regular weekly development updates will continue. Rocio does an excellent job and we’ll continue to do that, so we’re going to be here. So if you have questions, just ask us and we will respond as we always do every week.
On behalf of the team here at Paradox Tectonic, I want to express our gratitude for all of your comments and feedback over the past few months. It’s really meant the world for us. We love making this game. We love this community and we’re very, very grateful that we are in the position to take extra time to polish and provide a smoother experience for you come March 2024.
I love you all and don’t forget, we’ll be having a more detailed blog post this week going through all of this stuff with some visuals as well to go with it. Just wanted to talk to you directly. So thank you very much. Love you all. See you soon. See you soon.
Watch the video version below.