Here is an overview of the game, via People Can Fly:
Step into the boots of Grayson Hunt after a crash landing on an abandoned resort planet forces him to make a hard choice: survival or revenge. An exiled member of the elite assassin group Dead Echo, Grayson’s blind desire for vengeance finds his crew stranded on Stygia where he can finally confront the commander behind his betrayal—or get his team off the planet alive.
Immerse yourself into the world of Bulletstorm VR.
- Fight everything from crazy raiders to colossal sky-scraper-sized beasts.
- Switch between melee and ranged combat for the ultimate Skillshots.
- No place like the virtual reality space to play around with the Energy Leash.
- All of Bulletstorm‘s unique sci-fi arsenal is in your hands. Literally.
- Control your bullets in mid-air to reach your enemies behind covers.
“Bulletstorm VR retains everything players loved about the original Bulletstorm—the world, the characters, and the clever Skillshot system that encourages creativity and experimentation—and makes it feel more immersive and intuitive than ever,” said People Can Fly creative director Bartosz Kmita in a press release. “We’ll have more to show later this year as we approach Bulletstorm VR‘s release!”
Incuvo CEO Andrzej Wychowaniec added, “As a studio that specializes in VR gaming, Bulletstorm VR is a dream project for us. Gunplay is a natural fit for VR and Bulletstorm has that in spades, yet it also has a cool-as-hell electric leash, which is just a joy to use with motion controls in VR. Add in endearing characters and an extravagant, colorful world, and Bulletstorm VR is the full package!”
Watch the announcement trailer below. View the first screenshots at the gallery.