Shiravune has announced new PC releases of Aquaplus‘ Dungeon Travelers: To Heart 2 in Another World, Dungeon Travelers 2: The Royal Library & the Monster Seal, and Dungeon Travelers 2-2: The Fallen Maidens & the Book of Beginnings due out via Johren this summer. All three titles will be available in English, Japanese, and Traditional Chinese, and priced at $19.99 each.
Get the details below.
Shiravune has announced international releases of the Dungeon Travelers series, a trio of dungeon-crawler RPGs from developers Aquaplus. Players will delve into devious labyrinths, seal deceptively cute monsters, and liberate the loot they’ll need to defeat the series’ many fiendish challenges! New high-resolution PC ports will bring new English and Chinese versions, along with the original Japanese, to players around the world this summer.
The following two titles are coming soon, with more details on the third to be announced:
- Dungeon Travelers 2: The Royal Library & the Monster Seal (Johren)
- Dungeon Travelers 2-2: The Fallen Maidens & the Book of Beginnings (Johren)
Dungeon Travelers 2 received a North American and European release on the PlayStation Vita in 2015 that forms the basis of this version, while Dungeon Travelers 2-2 will be available in the west for the very first time since its 2017 PlayStation Vita release in Japan.
Unfortunately, the series is not currently planned for release on Steam due to difficulties relating to that platform’s “review process.”
The Dungeon Travelers series is beloved in Japan for its addictive dungeon exploration, deep loot and combat systems, and charming cast of characters. Level up to earn skill points that you can spend unlocking strategic new abilities; get powerful enough, and you’ll unlock branching class customization that forks the five base classes into 15-plus personality-filled variants. Clear the story and even more adventure comes into focus, as the legendary and elusive Crown system offers even further heights for truly dedicated players…!
The origin point of the series, Dungeon Travelers: To Heart 2 in Another World, takes place in a separate continuity with characters from the hit To Heart 2 franchise, while Dungeon Travelers 2 and 2-2 represent an all-original world and story packed with new allies, enemies, and more dungeons than ever!
Dungeon Travelers 2 and 2-2 are coming soon, with the original game set to follow later this year.
PC Perks and Classic Features
- Upgraded Resolution – The Dungeon Travelers franchise emerges from the confines of the handheld screen and into glorious HD, where its gorgeous art can truly shine!
- Custom Controls – No longer is the D-pad your only protection! Customize your bindings with a mouse and keyboard, or stick to a classic controller as you please.
- 3D Dungeoneering – Build a party of your favorite characters, each with her own story and brimming with personality—then enter the dungeon, and delve! Once you’re in, the dungeon will be mapped automatically as you explore, complete with notation of all the devious traps, teleporters, and assorted dangers. No fiddling around penciling it all in.
- Here Be Monsters (They Be Cute) – In your explorations, you may find yourself ambushed by adorable monster girls! Steel your heart and seal their spirits into your Libra Book, then craft their souls into powerful weapons. Don’t worry, the monsters will be fine. They respawn!
- Stay Classy – Every character has a different class, plus a passive Unique Skill that can swing a bad situation your way. As those classes branch into Intermediate and then Advanced variants, they diverge into more specific roles, but don’t despair: With more than a dozen characters to choose from, you can always find someone who’s right for any job, and when you can always Level Reset, no mistake is forever.
Story: Dungeon Travelers 2
Long ago, in a bygone age, this land was contested between gods, humans, and the otherworldly evil known as the Demon God. Under the flag of the holy maiden Vitoria, the humans fought a long-waging war against the Demon God and her pawns, which they dubbed monsters.
Things went on apace, as for so long they had, until it came to be the 395th year of the Era of the Gods; for it was in this year that the master alchemist Siegdrad invented the technique of capturing monsters into the magical tomes we now call Sealbooks.
Those who wielded this power became known as the Libras, and their success against the monsters was nothing short of astounding. Thanks to their efforts, the monster population plummeted, until even the Demon God herself was sealed away.
Under the auspices of a new human order, the world began to flourish; and so it was that that year came to be declared the first of the King’s Era. Vitoria, having united the continent under human rule, assumed her rightful throne as the First Queen of Romulea.
—Excerpt from the Founding History of the Kingdom of Romulea, Chapter 1, Section 10.
It is now Year 499 of the King’s Era, and in the hallowed halls of the Royal Library of Romulea, a new story is beginning to unfold…
Story: Dungeon Travelers 2-2
Long ago, in a bygone age, this land was contested between gods, humans, and the otherworldly evil known as the Demon God. At the end of a long and hard-fought war, the master alchemist Siegdrad invented the magical tomes known as Sealbooks, and with the power of these new tools she defeated the monsters and buried the Demon Queen from whence she came.
Vitoria, the first queen of Romulea, established a new world order governed by humanity and united the continent under her rule.
And then five centuries passed…
In the halls of the Royal Library of Romulea, Siegdrad’s distant successors learned a shocking truth: The Demon God was not dead in the Otherworld after all. She was alive!
Worse, she was here, and her seal had not been perfect.
It fell to Fried Einhard, a talented young Libra, to form the Romulan Royal Library Suppression Team and set out to seal the Demon God for good this time.
In the depths under the royal capital itself—all too close to home—the gate to the Otherworld was flung wide, and as it transformed the very dungeon around it, Fried and his party confronted the Demon God—
And they lost!
And the kingdom of Romulea fell to the darkness.
Watch the announcement trailer below.