Square Enix president Yosuke Matsuda to be replaced by Takashi KiryuChange to be officially finalized in June, pending board approval.
Yosuke Matsuda will step down as president and representative director of Square Enix Holdings, and be succeeded by current company director Takashi Kiryu, Square Enix announced. The change is to be officially finalized pending approval of the 34rd Annual Shareholders’ Meeting in June and the meeting of the Board of Directors to be held thereafter.
The reason for the proposed change is as follows:
“Under the rapid change of business environment surrounding the entertainment industry, the proposed change is intended to reshape the management team with the goal of adopting ever-evolving technological innovations and maximizing on the creativity of [Square Enix Holdings Co. Ltd.]’s group in order to deliver even greater entertainment to its customers around the world.”
Yosuke Matsuda has been president of Square Enix Corporation since April 2013, and president of Square Enix Holdings since June 2013. He succeeded former president Yoichi Wada. He also appeared as a boss fight in NieR: Automata alongside PlatinumGames‘ former president Kenichi Sato.
Here is the biography of the new president and representative director:
- Birthdate: June 20, 1975 (48 years old)
- Shares Owned: 1,471 shares
- Corporate History:
- June 2020
- General Manager Corporate Planning Division, Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
- April 2021
- Chief Strategy Officer and Executive Officer, Corporate Strategy and Corporate Communications, Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd. (incumbent)
- Executive Officer, Square Enix Co., Ltd. (incumbent)
- June 2022
- Chairman of the Board, Square Enix (China) Co., Ltd. (the Group’s operating company in China) (incumbent)
- May 2022
- Director, Square Enix Co., Ltd. (incumbent)
- June 2022
- Director, Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd. (incumbent)