Compile Heart has announced Neptunia GameMaker R:Evolution for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and Switch, the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu reveals. It will launch on August 10 in Japan for 8,500 yen. A “Victory Special Edition” and Digital Deluxe Edition will also be available for 12,100 yen, and a “New Recruit Welcome Box” edition for 18,480 yen.
Hyperdimension Neptunia GameMaker R:Evolution is a spin-off starring Adult Neptune and set during an era of competing game studios. After three game developer goddesses lost the race for “market share” in game sales and went under, Adult Neptune—a traveler of many dimensions who suddenly appears in their world—is tasked with reviving the fallen developer when the three goddesses ask her to become their president. Will she be able to save them from being labeled “failure goddesses” and dropping off the map?
The new goddesses are illustrated by Tsunako, who also created Neptune. Players will be able to enjoy enhanced dungeon exploration, game studio management, and more alongside them. Your party consists of four characters. Some dungeons include fields like cities and forests. Players will be able to travel at high-speed by motorcycle, and some dungeons even have racing segments. For management parts, the goal is to grow the small developer “Victory” via various elements such as scouting staff, game development, expanding the company building, and more.
Confirmed characters include:
- Adult Neptune – Her role as company president also serves as a means of finding the Nep-Note, which she dropped. She is a wandering insect hunter with an awakened form reminiscent of a butterfly.
- Pipi (voiced by Yuko Natsuyoshi) – Confident, reckless, and with a leader-like mentality, she considers herself the smartest person in the world. She is the producer who goes by the name “Pipi-P.”
- Jarga (voiced by Satsuki Miyahara) – A cool girl who considers herself the best calculator in the world. She prefers to talk using abbreviations like “GGDD” (gongo doudan, absurd). She handles production and public relations.
- Lideo (voiced by Hina Youmiya) – A mad scientist who spews venom with a smile. She considers herself the most sensible person in the world. She handles programming and graphics.
- Croire (voiced by Mika Kanai) – Croire has gotten a little bigger. She was sealed in the Nep-Note by Adult Neptune, but has been freed and is in hiding at a pirate maker’s base.
Thanks, Famitsu and Ryokutya2089 (2).