Baladins to be published by Armor Games Studios, launches in 2024A tabletop-inspired multiplayer adventure game.
Armor Games Studios will publish Seed by Seed-developed multiplayer adventure game Baladins when it launches for consoles and PC via Steam in 2024, the company announced. Specific consoles were not announced.
Baladins was first announced in March 2022, and successfully funded via Kickstarter.
“We had been following Armor Games and its publishing team for a while and felt their values aligned with ours,” said Seed by Seed co-founder Jean Nicolas in a press release. “So, we were really happy to have a talk about Baladins, and we thought the game would fit well in Armor Games’ portfolio. They proposed a plan that would allow us to build the full game we had in mind, to bring new features and content that were important to us. So that was working great! And they seemed to genuinely like the game! That is very encouraging. You’d want to work with people enthusiastic about your project, it makes all the difference.”
Armor Games Studios director of games Dora Breckinridge added, “Magic, dragons, buff catfolk heroes… come on, how could we not love Baladins? It provides a bridge for newcomers to tabletop gaming, while also giving a fresh, fun take for folks who have been playing for years. Plus it has a goblin wearing a pot. What more could the heart desire?”
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
They call themselves Baladins, yet in the streets they were given many names over centuries. Itinerant artists, troops, troublemakers, party animals. They are entertainers for a living and travelers as a lifestyle. One day caring for people, the other day snooping around and causing disorder. Alternately glorious or utterly annoying. No one knows what their role is, yet their names remain in the folktales of every household. They stir up rumors.
Invariably, on their passage, hope blooms.
- Pick a Champ – Choose between four original heroes! Each of them has a unique skill, from cooking to fireworks, dance or luxomancy (the ancient magic of being very very good at fixing lamps). Check their skills and stats before picking the champ that fits your style!
- Explore the World – Travel the strange lands of Gatherac and unravel all its secrets and legends. Everybody knows a good myth is based on some truth, and myths may be a lot closer than you think. The turn-based exploration allows every player to feel the thrill of unveiling new places along the way!
- Choose Your Own Path: One Story, Many Adventures – Every decision taken can affect the world around, and you’re the one in charge! Tailor your adventure as you go but be ready to face the consequences. The decisions you have to make are not moral choices, but creative approaches that will have very different outcomes!
- Boost Your Hero – Shape your character and their strengths to fit your favorite playstyle. Gather oddball items to benefit their powers, for better or worse. Plan your stats upgrades according to your goals and find items to increase it even more!
- And Buckle Up for Your Biggest Challenge – Brace yourselves for all the pitfalls you’ll meet along the way, whether you choose to follow your own path or to go full on the rescue mission to save Gatherac! You never know what can hit you in this world, but one thing is for sure: there is a dragon to be taken care of!!
- One-Hour Game Sessions – No time for 95-hour games anymore?
- Unique World Building – It may look like your classical medieval fantasy, but it’s all twists and twirls!
- Focused on Narratives – Stories don’t leave anyone behind. Anybody can pick up the game no matter how much of a gamer they are.
- Make Your Own Adventure – Only you can decide which path to follow and which quests to pursue!
- Traditional Animation – carefully handcrafted 2D animation on all characters and NPC!
- The More, the Merrier – Gather your friends, adventures are meant to be shared and hard tasks get easier when you have the whole band with you!
Watch a new trailer below.