“Journey to Foundation is a major milestone for us,” said Archiact studio head Kurt Busch in a press release. “It’s the culmination of all our experience innovating virtual reality gameplay elements, from locomotion to conversation to user interface to combat. It’s built by a veteran team with a passion for virtual reality-first game development. It’s an epic game, inspired by an iconic intellectual property.”
Journey to Foundation executive producer Ken Thain added, “I believe in virtual reality as a powerful new medium for immersive role-playing and storytelling. And building a virtual reality game from the groundbreaking Foundation book series has been an incredible journey. I truly can’t wait for people to experience this adventure first-hand.”
Here is an overview of the game, via Archiact:
Originally released in 1951, Isaac Asimov’s Foundation has been published in 32 countries in every major language, and has sold more than 20 million copies worldwide. The Foundation Trilogy is internationally revered, and in 1966, the series received the Hugo Award for “Best All-time Novel Series.”
In Journey to Foundation, players embark on a clandestine mission as Agent Ward, a spy sent to the edge of the Galactic Empire to infiltrate a group of deserters… only to uncover a dire truth that could change the course of history.
Armed with the best tools and weapons the Empire has to offer, you’ll have to decide who to trust.
Will you fight for an Empire that Hari Seldon has predicted will collapse into 30,000 years of anarchy, or will you defect to the Foundation and help them build a new cradle for humanity?
- Experience Foundation – Explore Asimov’s sci-fi epic in a whole new interactive and immersive virtual reality game.
- Your Choices Matter – In this roleplaying adventure, every choice carries a consequence and affects your story.
- Mentalics – Use mental science to uncover and influence the emotions of others.
- Dynamic Conversations – Interact and connect with characters on an entirely new level thanks to an innovative conversation system.
- Expansive Gameplay – Disguise, hack, and blast your way through the galaxy. It’s up to you to decide how to approach each situation, with tools at your disposal to forge your own path.
Watch the announcement trailer below. View the first screenshots at the gallery.