PQube will release physical standard editions of Inti Creates-developed side-scrolling action adventure game Grim Guardians: Demon Purge for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and Switch in North America and Europe this spring, the company announced. Collector’s Editions will follow this summer. PQube will also act as the digital edition publisher for the PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 versions.
Get the details below.
When a demon’s castle darkens the land, two sisters challenge its halls. Together, they can break the curse!
- Step into the world of Gal Gun: Double Peace once again with a 2D metroidvania twist!
- Shinobu and Maya Return – Your two favorite Double Peace demon hunter sisters are back! This time they are on a mission to return their school—which has turned into a demonic castle—back to normal
- Different Character Skillsets – Both sisters have very different abilities—which will you choose?
- Visual novel style story sections with beautiful artwork and fun dialogue!
- Two-Player Cooperative Play – Play with a friend in cooperative mode and take down the bosses that roam the halls together!
- Use the three difficulty styles to play your own way.
- Experience the quality and challenge that you expect from an Inti Creates title, this time with a gothic-horror aesthetic.
Standard Physical Editions Coming this Spring
Standard physical editions of Grim Guardians: Demon Purge will be available on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and Switch this spring.
Collector’s Edition Coming this Summer
You can also get your hands on the special Collector’ Edition, releasing this summer.
The Collector’s Edition contains:
- A special Collector’ Edition box.
- A physical copy of Grim Guardians: Demon Purge.
- Origami paper based on Maya’s special ability.
- A keyring featuring the Kamizono sisters.
- A set of four A6 art cards.
- A 40-page art book containing beautiful character art and game scenes.
- A holographic acrylic standee with Shinobu and Maya in their demon hunting attire.
- A set of five Grim Guardians: Demon Purge stickers.
Shinobu and Maya are Back
Your two favorite Gal Gun Double Peace sisters return for another adventure! Play as either character at any time, each with their own playstyle and strengths. Use both to get through the halls of the castle and defeat the dangerous bosses that get in your way!
- Shinobu – The elder Kamizono sister, Shinobu has a higher health pool so that she can withstand more attacks and act as your tank on the battlefield. She also has her trusty anti-demon submachine gun for long-ranged attacks which will be useful for taking out enemies at a distance!
- Maya – Younger sister Maya uses a sword for close-ranged attacks, and can also create powerful weapons out of origami! Her special protective barrier ability will prove useful despite her lower overall health. Maya’s ability to crouch under smaller spaces will prove useful to get to hard to reach areas!
Max out the Purge Gauge so that Shinobu and Maya can use a powerful combo attack! Use both characters together to succeed, switching between either Shinobu when you need a defensive stance or Maya when you need an all out attack!
Earn More Weapons from Boss Fights
As you progress and defeat bosses, you will obtain brand-new sub-weapons, which will prove useful for taking down bosses that were previously impervious to your attacks. Make sure you explore every nook and cranny as you search for the missing students in the castle and open up new routes!
Adjust the Difficulty to Your Style
Three different difficulty styles are available, giving players the option to adjust the game to how they want to play.
- Casual Style – Perfect for beginners or those looking for a casual playthrough.
- Veteran Style – A challenging and rewarding mode inspired by past action games
- Legend Style – Unlock this most dangerous difficulty and see if you are up to the challenge!
Grim Guardians: Demon Purge also features two audio options—choose “Pure” for original Japanese voice acting for the story mode or “Refined” for the English voice acting focused on the combat!
Play with a Friend in Local Cooperative Play
With the ability to jump in at any time during the game, gather a friend to join you on your adventure! With each of you controlling one of the sisters, team up to fight those notoriously hard bosses and execute brand new combo options!
You can even jump on top of each others heads to unlock greater heights and access previously inaccessible routes!
Grim Guardians: Demon Purge is due out for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam on February 23 for $24.99. Read more about the game here and here.
Watch a new trailer below. View a new set of images at the gallery.