World Championship Boxing Manager II will launch for PC via Steam on January 17, 2023, followed by PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Switch at a later date, publisher Ziggurat Interactive and developer Mega Cat Studios announced.
Users who purchase World Championship Boxing Manager II will receive the original World Championship Boxing Manager (Steam) as a free bonus.
“Our collaboration with the amazingly-creative folks at Mega Cat Studios has produced a wonderfully fresh take on sport business sims and boxing,” said Ziggurat Interactive marketing manager Rhett Ahlander said in a press release. “We can’t wait to continue this partnership and produce more great games together.”
Mega Cat Studios marketing manager Monica Figueroa added, “We are thrilled to share World Championship Boxing Manager II with the world! Our team is honored to add another punch to the wonderful and storied history of boxing and gaming. Having Ziggurat in our corner kept us in fighting shape and proved invaluable as we brought our love letter to boxing to the world.”
Here is an overview of the game, via Ziggurat Interactive:
Brought to life with hand-drawn 32-bit visuals, World Championship Boxing Manager II is the official sequel to its 1991 predecessor. Players will enlist promising amateur competitive fighters and train them from the ground up on their path to the world championship. They’ll manage their training schedules—including fitness training—to create the best balance for their roster. To keep them on the path to glory, they’ll also need to hire the best staff, gain supporters at all levels, and promote their fighters. The game features former pro boxers Rocky Marciano, Sugar Ray Robinson, and Sue “Tiger Lily” Fox as coaches within the game, along with a roster of fantastic fictional fighters, coaches, and training staff. A well-managed team will rise to the top, but one misstep will lead to a TKO!
- An awesome stable of sluggers and staff, including iconic licensed characters, Sue “Tiger Lily” Fox, Rocky Marciano, and Sugar Ray Robinson!
- 32-bit visuals with modern features, including dynamic lighting and a fight cam to watch your fighter duke it out in real-time
- An extensive skill system lets players build the pugilist of their dreams. Be it a hard-hitting ring king, a one-punch wonder, or a super stamina warrior of the knock-down-drag-out fight; it’s up to the player to create a training path to victory
- A complete hiring system lets players ensure they have the best training team (and business managers) for their fighters—even if some of that staff might be a little unorthodox!
- Twitch integration allows streamers and their viewers to take part in the boxing experience together with viewer-triggered random in-game events that can help or hinder the player.
- Jam-packed with the humor, heart, and personality that made the original game so popular!
Watch a new trailer below.