A single-player closed alpha test will begin on November 24. Sign-ups are available now via the game’s official website.
Sand Sailor Studio will host a gameplay live stream on November 18 at 10:00 a.m. PT / 1:00 p.m. ET, during which the leads will further discuss the project and show off the first gameplay footage. You will be able to watch it on Twitch.
“We’ve got so many exciting ideas for ASKA, but honestly the thing we are most looking forward to are the ideas we get from players,” said Sand Sailor Studio co-founder Cristian Diaconescu in a press release. “We’re really excited to have people try ASKA in our closed alpha this November 24. We want to start building our own tribe that will come along with us on this journey to make a unique Viking odyssey!”
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
In ASKA, you strive to build a self-sustaining Viking tribe, working, crafting, sailing, hunting, and fighting together. Command and organize your villagers from a third-person perspective, work and fight alongside them, tending to their every need.
- Live out your Viking fantasy alone or with friends.
- Up to four players can play together and command villagers, building their tribe from the ground up, hunting for resources, and surviving the ancient threat winter will bring.
- Assign each villager various jobs as they contribute to the tribe and leave their own mark on the settlement.
- Construct workshops, mines, farms, castles, and defenses as you expand your village.
- Discover hidden caves, and other incredible areas in the world, all filled with loot and valuable resources.
- Sail your own customizable Viking ship, discover new lands, and build outposts across the world. Set up supply lines between settlements and create a self-sufficient Viking empire.
- Explore a fantastical, completely procedurally generated world filled with secrets, landmarks, and threats, keeping every session dynamic and fresh.
- Experience a realistic and dynamic weather system across the world, with survival priorities shifting in turn with the seasons.
- Fight a variety of mythical enemies in exciting skill-based combat.
- Customize buildings with functional furniture and various decorative items.
Construct Jaw-Dropping Viking Villages
Houses, workshops, defenses, altars, shipyards, castles, and farms—the design of your village and your economy is in your hands. Each structure is handcrafted in wonderful detail to allow you to construct a functional and visually impressive Viking tribe.
Your Village is Alive
You don’t just construct your village, you live in it. Build, work, and fight alongside your people, walk through the very village you’ve helped build and witness entire production cycles being carried out. For the tribe to function coherently, each individual member must also have their own personal needs met. They have daily schedules, and need rest, food, drink, and companionship to survive. You’re not just building a base—you’re building a living village!
Villagers Play Their Part
Training your villagers will increase their abilities whether in battle or their chosen vocation. Cultivating skilled blacksmiths will benefit your tribe in many ways, while proficient hunters will be able to explore further into the world, gathering additional materials or help feed the tribe more effectively.
Expand and Claim Land
As you conquer more of this world and your tribe expands, your settlement will grow. What starts off as a collection of modest huts, ends up becoming a prosperous village where crops are farmed, towers are raised, and anvils are hammered. Eventually all your followers’ homes will become uniquely decorated, echoing their own individuality.
…And When The Dead Winter Comes
A wise tribe leader prepares for war in times of peace… On this mystical land, an ancient evil has been dwelling in the shadows, waiting for the first frost to fall. During the harshest season of all, while your tribe is battling the elements, the dark inhabitants of this world prepare to strike…
Watch the announcement trailer below. View the first screenshots at the gallery.