Phantom-based paper RPG The Outbound Ghost will launch for PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 on November 30, followed by Switch on December 1, and Xbox Series and Xbox One “shortly after,” publisher Digerati and developer Conradical Games announced. It will be priced at $24.99 and launch with a limited time 20 percent-off discount.
PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and Switch physical editions published by Merge Games are also available for pre-order and will launch on December 2 for $29.99 / £24.99 / €29.99.
A series of free updates will be rolling out over the coming weeks and months that will bring additional content and enhancements to the game. These updates will arrive on PC first, followed by console. The current schedule for the updates on PC is as follows:
- November 2022
- French, German, and Spanish language additions
- New NPCs and sidequests
- Remastered soundtrack and release on major music platforms
- December 2022
- New Game+
- Status presentation rework
- Aspect user interface rework
- More post-game bosses
- Map / quick travel rework
- Objective / party chat addition
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
The Outbound Ghost is an adventure RPG about helping ghosts ascend to the afterlife. The town of Outbound is, quite literally, a ghost town—a home to troubled spooks with unresolved earthly issues, condemning them to an eternity haunting their old *ahem* haunts.
Battle the past, gain new abilities, solve puzzles, and uncover the mysteries of Outbound to help its unliving residents find peace, freeing them from the shackles of their ghostly limbo.
In the world of The Outbound Ghost, ghosts are the embodiment of regret. Most people go to the afterlife after dying, yet those who were unhappy with their previous lives become ghosts and are forced to haunt the Earth until they right their wrongs. Of course, this is not always possible since doing this as a ghost is orders of magnitude harder than when you are a human. However, some manage to do this and are able to spend the rest of their deaths in the afterlife.
In The Outbound Ghost, your task is to help others fix or come to terms with their past lives so that they can enjoy the pleasures of eternal bliss. You must achieve that for yourself too, but it’s not so easy to mend the mistakes of your past life when you don’t even remember them.
- Colorful Characters – Meet a lovable cast of spooks along the way, each with their own story to unravel.
- Combat Encounters – Unlock figments of your past personality, such as Regret, Benevolence, and Jealousy and use them as party members in turn-based battles.
- Badge System – Craft materials earned by winning combat encounters into badges, which can be equipped for various effects and stat boosts.
- A World in 2.5D – Adorable, paper-style characters inhabit a world with depth and detail to create a distinctly eye-catching visual style.