Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Level Zero is an asymmetric survival horror player-versus-player game. A team of four scientists must repair the electrical control systems to escape, while an opposing team of two creatures hunts them from the shadows using various telepathic abilities, ambush tactics, and electricity manipulation skills.
The year is 2058. A group of researchers from the “New Horizons” Corporation has embarked on a long-awaited space expedition to explore unknown corners of the Universe. After an arduous journey, their ship has finally reached its destination planet of Turion, if only they knew the catastrophic consequences their voyage would yield…
- Use Light as an Ultimate Weapon – As a scientist, your main weapon against the creatures is light. Use numerous items and physically simulated sources of light to repel the creatures and buy your team much-needed time.
- Work as a Team to Complete Objectives – Work together to repair the broken objectives and escape. Your success does not depend on your aiming skills and reflexes, but on how well you coordinate. Update your teammates with valuable call-outs, support them to complete the objectives promptly, and fend off the creatures to save your crew’s lives.
- Manage Your Consumables Wisely – Having limited resources, choose wisely whether to use the flare to light your path in the darkness, or save it as a weapon of last resort. Check the station’s storage areas to find useful loot and support your teammates.
- Unlock Perks and Customize Your Character – Every match brings you XP and in-game currency. Choose the right build for each round, but be prepared to lose the perks if your team is eliminated. Customize your character with new skins and cosmetics!
- Place Traps to Defend Yourselves – Scientists can deploy a powerful motion-activated floodlight, while creatures can place nests with facehugger-like monsters that might spell doom for a lone Scientist.
- Death is Not the End – Respawn as a drone to guide your team across the dark corridors and detect monster trails using UV light, ping mission objectives, carry found items to your teammates, and warn them about the monsters!
- Ambush and Slaughter Survivors in the Darkness – Navigate stealthily through vent shafts & use telepathic abilities and EMP to disable sources of light. Stalk your prey in the darkness and ambush humans when the light goes off. Random blackouts can turn the tide of the match!
- Utilize Passive Abilities – Sense survivors’ heartbeats through walls, then find the best position to attack when they least expect it.
- Explore Various Tactics and Skills – Coordinate together to wreak havoc and cause chaos on the survivors’ team. Plan the location & timing of your attacks to jumpscare the unsuspecting survivors. Use your staggering scream to overwhelm them before the attack.
- Use Random Blackouts to Your Advantage – As a monster, you can see perfectly in the darkness – when a random blackout happens, it’s your turf and your rules – no human being can escape your hunt.
Watch the new trailer below.