Valthirian Arc: Hero School Story 2 will leave Early Access and launch for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, Switch, and PC via Steam in early 2023, a delay from its previously planned 2022 release, publisher PQube and developer Agate announced. Physical editions will also be available for PlayStation 5 and Switch.
Here is an overview of the game, via PQube:
Valthirian Arc: Hero School Story 2 is a fantasy RPG school-building simulator where you take control of your own school in a fantasy realm. Take command of the faculty and nurture a unique and growing roster of students. Build your school from the ground up and take on quests to make Valthiria safe once more.
- Become the principal of a brand-new hero academy, make tough narrative-based decisions and run it your way.
- Nurture brave young students and shape them into the heroes the realm needs.
- Strategic turn-based combat built around class proficiencies and enemy weaknesses.
- Design your school from choosing and upgrading buildings to curating students’ courses of study, improve your reputation and become a top-grade academy!
- Introducing a brand-new political system, keep four different factions happy and manage the World Threat System.
- Explore a vibrant and dynamic world with many regions and factions – be wary of the monsters and creatures who roam the wild!
- New mini-games including snowman building, fishing and eating competitions!
Lead and Nurture the Future of Valthiria
In Valthirian Arc: Hero School Story 2, nurture your students through beautifully handcrafted narrative arcs, pioneer your academy with management sim mechanics, and embark on dangerous missions with tactical, turn-based combat.
Students will stay at your academy for three years before they graduate. During that time they can study physical, magic, cleric or arcwork. Every one of them will affect your academy’s reputation and status within Valthiria. Curate the buildings within your academy to support you
Give Students “In the Field” Experience
Send students on quests to resolve pressing issues throughout the realm in Valthiria’s open areas. Through honing their skills and abilities, you will raise distinguished graduates and further your academy’s prestige.
Your responsibilities may become overwhelming, but your attention to detail and strategic decision making can reward you with more resources, talented new students, and even new job classes to unlock.
Engage in Extracurricular Activities
Saving the world takes a toll on students, after all, it’s not all work and no play! Allow your students to participate in a variety of minigames, including fishing, eating and swimming competitions!
Meet Valthiria’s Residents
- Eve – Faction: Academy. A green haired girl with an endless supply of energy, Eve was once a promising graduate at the Academy. Rather than be a heroine and venture out to face monsters, she chose to join the academic workforce to shape the next generation of heroes. Now, she is assigned to be the secretary of the new principal, You. Always dreaming of making her mark on the world, her goal to become a principal herself means that she will keep studying your decisions even more closely.
- Leonid Marlen – Faction: Mokosil. Coming from the reclusive Mokosil tribe, Leonid defies all stereotypes and decides to study Arcwork. Full of knowledge unknown to most, there’s always something to learn from this young student. More progressive than most of his kindred, there is a clash between his tribe’s tradition and the technology he wishes to pursue. As principal you can encourage his studies further, while also discovering something new yourself.
- Vilko Baskin – Faction: Chernov. An uptight nobleman who values the legacy of his family name, Vilko is starting to see the flaws of rigid tradition. Somewhat the black sheep of the family, Vilko decided to branch out from his Chernov family of Knights and train as a mage in secret. Coming from a family of heroes, Vilko can be a bit spoiled and think he’s destined for greatness. As you get to know him however, you’ll notice that he’s a diligent man with noble intentions. A diamond in the rough, will he succeed in becoming a mage or return to his family tradition and become a knight?
- Esra Alexei – Faction: Perkuna. A prodigy in Arcworks, Esra yearns to seek out things she missed out on while being smothered by her family. Away from her parents in Perkuna, Esra hopes to experience things as a ‘normal’ girl instead of her life as nobility. Powerful, courteous and ladylike, as long as she can control her innate ability for Arcworks, Esra has the makings of becoming a well-renowned hero. Just make sure her insecurities don’t get the best of her.
Watch a new trailer below.