“Shoot ’em up-like” Swordship will launch for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam on December 5, publisher Thunderful Games and developer Digital Kingdom announced. A demo is available now for PC via Steam.
Here is an overview of the game, via Thunderful Games:
- Tactical – Dodge attacks to survive and trick your enemies into killing each other
- Delivery – Steal containers and deliver them to upgrade your ship or improve your score
- Action – No shooting, but all the action!
In a far future, Earth’s temperature has become too high to live on land. To survive, mankind has built gigantic underwater cities where the upper class lives. The poorest are forced to live on land, hiding in caves and waiting for sunset to come out. To survive, they steal containers off the transport lines that connect the underwater cities, mostly without success.
One day, yellow unmanned ships appear all over the world and start stealing containers. Are they stealing from the rich to give to the poor? Building powerful ships for their own sake? Or just looking for fame?
Your game, your answer.
- Guns are Cool, But They are Bulky and Heavy – The Swordship doesn’t have any and that’s part of what makes it so light and maneuverable.
- Ship Variant – Collect power-boosting components and experiment with different play styles in your runs.
- Upgrade – Exchange stolen containers for passive upgrades that fit the situation and your play style.
- Weather – Learn to master the different weather conditions to get through the randomly generated levels.
Watch a new trailer below.