Marvelous has announced Story of Seasons: A Wonderful Life for Switch. It will launch on January 26, 2023 in Japan for 5,478 yen, and in summer 2023 in the west via publishers XSEED Games and Marvelous Europe.
The game is a remake of Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life, which was first released for GameCube on September 12, 2003, followed by PlayStation 2 on November 11, 2004.
Here is an overview of the game, via XSEED Games:
Put down roots on your new farm in the peaceful town of Forgotten Valley and tell your own generation-spanning tale in Story of Seasons: A Wonderful Life. Bring life to the land, find love among the town’s friendly folk, and make lasting memories with a family of your very own in this reimagining of a beloved farm sim.
Whether this is your first Story of Seasons adventure or you’re returning to Forgotten Valley, a wonderful life awaits you.
- Befriend the Residents of Forgotten Valley – Find new friends among the charming cast of characters in the tranquil town of Forgotten Valley and get to know them through all-new events!
- Establish Your Homestead – Live a carefree life on the farm growing crops and raising animals. Raise even cuter animals, new hybrid crops and build upgradeable facilities.
- Your Story, Your Way ‒ With the option to play as a male, female, or non-binary protagonist, as well as all eligible marriage candidates available for romance regardless of that choice, you can truly be who you want to be.
- Fall in Love, Start a Family, and Build Precious Memories – Watch your child grow into adulthood as the years pass! Will they inherit the farm? Or will they find their calling somewhere else?
- A Wonderful Life for a New Generation – Revisit a beloved story as never before, with reimagined visuals, animations, and additional updates to bring A Wonderful Life to a new generation.
Watch the announcement trailer below. View the first screenshots at the gallery.