Turn-based action combat Metroidvania Worldless announced for Xbox Series, Xbox One, and PCDue out in 2023.
Publisher Coatsink and developer Noname Studios have announced Worldless, a turn-based action combat Metroidvania game for Xbox Series, Xbox One, and PC (Steam). It will launch in 2023.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Worldless is set at a time where the rules of existence remain undefined. Players will explore a shapeless world of two realms, one filled with entities forming their growth and understanding, the other is the place they aspire to. This inevitably thrusts them into a war against polarities in a battle for transcendence.
In this 2D action adventure platformer, players will jump, glide and dash through an indeterminate setting, uncovering its secrets and finding their place within a mind-bending reality.
Along the way are encounters with beings who believe their superiority has automatically earned them a place in the next existence. Using turn-based rules along with a unique defend and combination system that requires patience, timing, and the desire for development, your strength and capabilities will truly be put to the test.
- Define the Undefined
- Uncover Unimaginable Possibilities – Jump, glide, and dash your way through a shapeless world in pursuit of destiny.
- Blur Realities – Bask in an atmospheric, unforgettable setting that unlocks the mind.
- Evolve Beyond
- Grow and Prosper – Upgrade your abilities through an intricate talent tree.
- Ready Yourself – Engage in turn-based battles, timing your combinations and defenses to perfection.
- Immerse Yourself
- Indulgent Melodies – Connect to the realms of Worldless on a deeper level with a haunting, beautiful score.
- Cherish the Moment – Define the world and challenge its secrets in a mysterious narrative left open to interpretation.
Watch the announcement trailer below. View the first screenshots at the gallery.