The First Descendant full trailer, screenshots; PC beta test set for October 20 to 26A deeper look at Nexon's new science-fiction property.
Publisher Nexon and developer Nexon Games have released the full trailer and new screenshots for free-to-play third-person cooperative action RPG shooter The First Descendant, as well as announced PC beta test dates.
The PC beta test will run from October 20 at 00:00 PT to October 26 to 23:59 PT. It will feature 10 playable characters to choose from. Users can wishlist the game now and sign-up for the upcoming beta test via Steam.
Here is an overview of the game, via Nexon:
The player becomes a Descendant whose mission is to fight against alien invaders for the survival of humanity by protecting the Ingris continent. Experience a spectacular story while growing stronger through various missions and stories to finally discover the Descendants’ secret. Feel The First Descendant‘s unique atmosphere through high-quality fields developed with Unreal Engine 5 and gain a new experience of reality and Sci-Fi fantasy coexisting in one place.
- Four-Player Co-Op Play – Team up with other players for four-player co-op strategic battles. Each player’s amazing powers and abilities will lead to tactical battles for the win.
- Charming and Unique Characters – Play as different characters, each with distinctive concepts and battle styles. Characters will have customizable elements to allow players to support character decoration. Don’t miss your chance to play as 10 different characters during the closed-beta test this Autumn.
- Exciting Battles, Dynamic Action, Multiple Skills, and Unique Weapons – Experience exciting battles with different characters, each with unique skill sets, free movements, and chain actions through grappling hooks, colorful firearms, and additional effects. Players create the battle style they desire!
- Battle Huge Boss Monsters – Battle huge boss monsters with different appearances and abilities. Various powers and difficulties will stimulate the player’s competitive spirit as you struggle not to fall in battle. Target the boss’s gimmicks to experience a more compact and strategic team play.
- Motivating Play and Growth – Equip characters with three guns, four pieces of secondary equipment, and various sub-weapons. Use and change the equipment based on the types of battles encountered. New equipment develops character growth by combining various pieces, enhancing character and firearm stats, or adding a new ability. Obtain new items through clearing scenario missions or in the world missions where cooperation is crucial. Use new items to challenge yourself with more complex tasks!
The First Descendant is in development for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC (Steam). A release date has yet to be announced.
Watch the trailer below. View the screenshots at the gallery.