Kao the Kangaroo developer Tate Multimedia has announced its expansion to third-party publishing. It is already working on a series of unannounced projects around the globe, but plans to only release a few carefully selected titles per year.
“We know the ups and downs, and understand the challenges on both sides of the developer-publisher relationship,” said Tate Multimedia vice president Paul Leskowicz in a press release. “This makes working with third parties the logical next step, and we are excited to share our expertise with studios in the months and years to come. We know how important both retaining ownership of an IP and cash flow is for an indie studio, and we want to make sure our collaborative approach and financial commitment give clear visibility and comfort to our partners in that regard.”
As a publisher, Tate Multimedia aims to provide the following services to developers:
- Publishing Services – Full life-cycle support, from development to distribution.
- Financing – Investment offer as early as pre-vertical slice, even for a first project.
- Ownership – IP remains with the developer even when financing the whole game.
- Returns – Revenue share from day one.
- Consulting – Help with aligning the creative vision with audience expectations through market analysis and insights, product strategy, and regular development feedback.
- Promotion – Comprehensive marketing and PR support: we are loud, experienced, energetic, and passionate!
- Sales – Broadest possible uptake is ensured via an established sales network, from first-party platforms, through digital and retail distributors, to streaming services.