The open beta for free-to-play platform fighting game MultiVersus will launch for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam on July 26, publisher Warner Bros. Games and developer Player First Games announced.
Early access to the open beta will begin on July 19. Users who have previously participated in the MultiVersus closed alpha test will automatically gain early access. Otherwise, users can sign up for early access via the official website.
Here is an overview of the game, via Warner Bros. Games:
In MultiVersus, the Multiverse is at your fingertips as you battle it out in intense two-versus-two matches. Up against Batman and Shaggy? Try using Bugs Bunny and Arya Stark! This platform fighter lets you play out your fantasy matchups in a fun co-op or head-to-head fight for supremacy.
- Characters – Choose from Harley Quinn, Tom and Jerry, Finn the Human, Wonder Woman, Steven Universe, Jake the Dog, Garnet, Superman, and an extraordinary creature named Reindog. Every fighter boasts unique abilities that pair dynamically with other characters.
- Maps – Play on various Maps from our characters’ legendary worlds, including Batman’s Batcave and Jake and Finn’s Treefort, and more.
- Cross-Platform – Defend the Multiverse with your friends anywhere, anytime on all available platforms. This includes full cross-platform play and progression
- Modes – Play our innovative two-versus-two co-op-focused experience or the intense one-versus-one and four-player Free For All. You can also refine your skills in training mode or put your skills to the ultimate test in Ranked Competitive. MultiVersus supports online and local play.
- Customization – Every character will feature its own customizable perk loadout that will change the way you play and how you synergize with your teammates.
- Competitive – MultiVersus boasts an intense competitive experience with dedicated servers for seamless online gameplay.
- A Growing Multiverse – MultiVersus is regularly updated with new characters, stages, modes, in-game events, skins and more.
Watch a new set of trailers below.